Product Development Internship
Internships provide the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through hands on experience to broaden technical, communication, and business acumen skills. This is a full-time, paid summer internship. Throughout your internship, we provide growth opportunity and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed in your future endeavors. Additional career opportunities are usually available upon conclusion of a successful internship.
During this summer internship, you will use your unique perspective and knowledge to help us with operational projects and efficiency gains that adds true value to our business. At OLM Food Solutions, we are genuinely interested in growing you as a professional and guiding you on potential career path that matches your interests. Start your career today in Sioux Falls, SD.
The Product Development Intern will assist the research and development team on the commercialization of new and reformulated products to include: bench top sample preparation, formulation, materials sourcing, product costing, plant trials, food safety planning, acceptance testing, development and shelf life testing.
What to expect:
- Collect and interpret data pertaining to product quality and shelf-life attributes.
- Provide innovative ideas and develop new recipes and products for our franchise and private label business with direction.
- Assist on manufacturing projects and sample creation in manufacturing areas.
- Maintain R&D Inventory and cross-train to other areas of R&D when needed.
- Learn and understand franchise and private label business and apply knowledge to product development and product improvement.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment all while following established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, ServSafe and safety. Other duties as assigned.
- Progress towards an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Culinology, Culinary Science or a related field.
- Previous completion of Food Science Product Development Classes preferred.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer internship term.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
OLM Food Solutions makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked #1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500.
In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making OLM Food Solutions the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry. OLM Food Solutions franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!
OLM Food Solutions is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer