Quality Assurance Technician - 2nd Shift
OLM Solutions in Milford, IA is looking to fill several quality technician roles in our production plant. We are looking for people who have experience and we are willing to provide Quality Assurance training for the right candidates.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for adhering, implementing, monitoring, verifying, validating, and writing procedures and processes that fall under the compliance umbrellas of SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety & Quality in all areas of USDA/FDA labeling, manufacturing, warehousing.
Essential Functions: Must be able to learn the following we will train the right person.
- Must be willing to learn and become knowledgeable in SQF, USDA/FDA regulations, GMP’s, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOPs as it pertains to shipping and receiving.
- Maintain, organize, and assist with updating all SQF and HACCP documentation. Documentation will be compliant with current regulations pertaining to SQF, USDA, HACCP, FDA, SSOP’s and GMP’s.
- Have the ability and knowledge to read and understand the manufacturing statement.
- Must be knowledgeable of and can operate lab equipment (scale and thermometer).
- Must have a strong understanding of and ability to follow the General Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Must understand or be able to learn allergens and the proper labeling needed to avoid an adverse impact on our customers.
- Must have an understanding and the consequences of cross-contamination and how to avoid it.
- Have the knowledge or ability to learn and understand SQF regulations (Safe Quality Food) per industry standards.
- Must understand and follow FDA guidelines.
- Must understand and follow USDA guidelines.
- Administer environmental swab test per sanitary standard operating procedures.
- Understand and practice hold and release policies and procedures in the event there is a question regarding suitability of an ingredient or finished product.
- Help maintain records and tasks to ensure compliance with all governing standards.
- Ensures daily pre-operational and operational inspections have been completed.
- Utilize various organoleptic, chemical, physical, and visual techniques to evaluate raw materials and finished products.
- Assist with compliance of quality checks for quarterly, semi-annual, and annual 3rd party audits.
- Ability to recognize and address nuance differences.
- Attention to detail is a key element of this position.
Behaviors/Work Environment/Physical Requirements
All Orion Landmark employees and stakeholders must have uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
- Accountability and Reliability: Our employees must work reliably under pressure to keep on task and meet deadlines.
- Passionate, Energetic, and Enthusiastic: Our employees possess a high energy level, focusing on execution with measurable results. We exhibit a “can-do attitude” to maintain enthusiasm and provide encouragement by our demeanor.
- Strong Work Ethic: Our employees are fully committed and willing to do whatever it takes to drive the team and company brand into the future. Work/life balance is encouraged at Orion Land Mark Food Solutions with the expectation that team members give 110% effort on the job. Orion Land Mark Food Solutions is a fast-paced environment, and it is critical that our employees are driven to succeed.
- Customer Focused: Our employees keep the customer as their focus while executing the daily responsibilities of their job.
- Supportive: Our employees possess emotional intelligence and common sense to support team members and appreciate the value of our culture, company, and brand.
- Physical: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch and use hands to grip regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined.
- Personal Competencies: Extreme attention to detail and accuracy. Must be flexible to workdays, nights, or weekends if necessary. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet be flexible and have ability to work in a team environment.
- Safety: Must adhere to all safety rules, policies, and regulations in relationship to OSHA standards. Maintain and follow GMP, HACCP, SFQ, OSHA and OLM Food Solutions standards to include safe work practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Federal law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need an accommodation to complete these listed essential functions.
OLM Food Solutions is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.