OLM Food Solutions is looking for a Safety Manager to join our team!
The Safety Manager will develop, coordinate, and implement policies and procedures to promote a safe, accident free, healthy work environment. The Safety Manager will ensure the organization is compliant with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Formulate general health and safety policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ensure new employees achieve safety instructions prior to beginning work. Emphasize any specific site hazards and thoroughly explain all applicable precautions.
- Conduct annual safety training for all employees required by law.
- Inspect and tour company properties to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, as well as recommendations for corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Conduct investigations of accidents and injuries, manage the preparation of material and evidence for reporting, determine probable causes and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs, which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
- Implement accident and loss prevention programs.
- Formulate environmental policies and procedures in accordance with the local, state, and federal laws as applicable.
- Establish annual workplace safety objectives and carryout those objectives.
- Maintain the SDS and ensure the information is current.
- Train and develop management to incorporate safe practices into their departments.
- Identify loss producing conditions and practices and recommend the appropriate corrective action.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of safety rules and regulations set forth by local, state, and federal laws.
- Must have strong leadership skills and ability to effectively enforce policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university in a safety or related technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of four years of management in safety required.
- Completion of the OSHA Compliance Safety and Health course is preferred.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion Land Mark is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
OLM Food Solutions makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked #1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500. In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making OLM Food Solutions the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry. OLM Food Solutions franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!
We strive to hire talented people who can think outside of the box, lead, and create. Our culture is not typical or ordinary, and we aim to keep it that way. At OLM Food Solutions, we believe in providing a rich working environment, one filled with challenge that pushes us to innovate in ways that captures the imagination. Our culture is about fun, meaningful work, and a true sense of community