Sandwich Production Tech - 1st Shift
Responsible for safe and efficient operation of the production line while delivering a quality product. Organizes and performs a full range of duties of a complex nature that requires a thorough understanding of departmental organization, functions, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares the production floor for daily production.
- Review production set-ups for accuracy and quality requirements.
- Monitors daily production and adjust production based on inventory.
- Assist trouble shooting of machines, dies, jigs.
- Train/maintain training of team members in the process of production, safety, quality.
- Conduct periodic audits of production, quality, and safety processes.
- Manages staffing to ensure safe and efficient operation of the production line while ensuring quality of product.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Ensure that all team members wear protective gear during production and monitor all team mates to ensure adherence to instructions.
- Maintain and follow GMP, ServeSafe HACCP, SFQ, OSHA and OLM Foods standards in the work environment.
- Communicate with other departments related to line operation and production output.
- Mediate between workers and the management to enhance smooth communication and settle disputes. Report issues/problems to immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Required High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or twelve to eighteen months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be at least eighteen (18) year of age.
- A production team leader works in a machine-controlled environment therefore, they must be able to operate, troubleshoot and perform small repairs on machines.
Federal law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need an accommodation to complete these listed essential functions.
OLM Foods is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.