QA Tech III
Orion is currently searching for Quality Assurance Technician III to join our growing team!
Come Join Orion!
The Quality Assurance Technician III is responsible for adhering, implementing, monitoring, verifying, validating, and writing procedures and processes that fall under the compliance umbrellas of SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety & Quality in all areas of USDA/FDA labeling, manufacturing, warehousing.
- Maintain, organize and assist with updating all SQF and HACCP documentation. Documentation will be compliant with current regulations pertaining to SQF, USDA, HACCP, FDA, SSOP’s and GMP’s.
- Have the knowledge or ability to learn and understand SQF regulations (Safe Quality Food) per industry standards.
- Administer environmental swab test per sanitary standard operating procedures.
- Understand and practice hold and release policies and procedures in the event there is a question regarding suitability of an ingredient or finished product.
- Help maintain records and tasks to ensure compliance with all governing standards.
- Ensures daily pre-operational and operational inspections have been completed.
- Utilize various organoleptic, chemical, physical and visual techniques to evaluate raw materials and finished products.
- Assist with compliance of quality checks for quarterly, semi-annual and annual 3rd party audits.
- Ability to recognize and address nuance differences.
- Attention to detail is a key element of this position.
- Is responsible for complaint management. Investigating internal manufacturing complaints in addition to working with our suppliers on field complaints.
- Ability to understand cooking challenges and the knowledge to assist in alleviating those challenges.
- Conduct cooking and warmer challenges for new or modified products to include documenting out of specification results, modifying instructions as needed and noting any product quality issues.
- Responsible for complaint management. Investigation of internal manufacturing complaints in addition to working with suppliers regarding field complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledgeable in SQF, USDA/FDA regulations, GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOPs is preferred.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer