Yard Truck Driver
Orion Food Systems makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked #1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500.
In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making Orion Land Mark the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry.
Orion Land Mark franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!
Orion is currently searching for a Yard Truck Driver to join our growing team! If you have a sales background and the ability to help us grow our business, this position may be what you are looking for!
The Yard Truck Driver is responsible for the trailers on the lot ensuring the temperature inside can sustain the product being stored. Performs special functions within the Transportation Department as assigned by management.
Specific duties may include:
- Checks hub and reefer hours.
- Shuttles equipment to and from service provider.
- Monitor Reefer Maintenance schedules and Federal DOT Inspections, as well fluid levels on Orion owned reefer storage trailers.
- Communicate with loading, warehouse and production on trailer movement.
- Ensure the service provider is aware of equipment maintenance issues and notify transportation manager is aware of completion.
- Fixes equipment as needed (i.e. carts, loud locks, cords and other miscellaneous items as needed).
- Responsible for monitoring fuel consumption at plant to include fueling trailers daily, ordering fuel and completing a weekly fuel report on consumption.
- Checks trailers daily to ensure they are running and cooling properly. Ensures trailers have been washed out and pre-cooled prior to loading. Verifies Transportation Manager has an accurate report of loaded and emptied trailers on the lot.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, vision, short- & long-Term disability coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Competitive compensation package paid weekly
- Boot allowance along with company work apparel provided