Regional Sales Manager
Orion Food Systems makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked #1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500.
In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making Orion Land Mark the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry.
Orion Land Mark franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!
Orion is currently searching for a Regional Sales Manager to join our growing team! If you have a sales background and the ability to help us grow our business, this position may be what you are looking for! This position also requires at least 5+ years of relevant experience with CPG/Foodservice wholesale distribution network.
- Manage business relationships with assigned wholesalers and key account customers
- Collaborate with VP of sales and US Marketing Manager to create profitable, brand building, category-driving business plans
- Build advantaged relationships with wholesalers to set Wholesaler Annual Business Plans (WABP) and work annual food shows
- Identify growth opportunities for wholesalers and key accounts and implement strategy
- Execute new product launches and line extensions to match company objectives.
- Conduct market visits with wholesale sales team – frequency based on relevancy and size of business opportunities but minimally every 6 weeks
- Attend targeted account calls to all key customers and co-op groups
- Perform competitive audits while in market
- Work with, coach and educate distributor sales team members on Orion Land Mark brand priorities and standards
Administration and analysis
- Provide feedback to VP of Sales and US Marketing Manager on market performance:
- Opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity
- Work with VP of Sales and US Marketing Manager to develop action plans for business opportunities using wholesaler meetings and work-withs
- Report weekly progress checks of distributor performance for your assigned area
- Ensure required reports and T&E are turned in timely and as necessary.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience with CPG/Foodservice wholesale distribution network
- Key account management, trade management and retail experience is essential
- Full understanding of consumer-packaged goods industry, retail channels and activation against account specific strategies
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe) a must
- Ability to facilitate & lead fact-based selling utilizing available date and market research
- Located in regionally relevant market
- Travel will be required for customer visits, market visits, company meetings, etc. (average 75% of work schedule)
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer