QA Tech - 2nd and 3rd Shift
Orion Food Systems makes the quick service restaurant industry easy to digest. We were recently ranked #1 in the Miscellaneous Quick-Service Restaurant category of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500.
In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making Orion Land Mark the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry.
Orion Land Mark franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!
Orion is currently searching for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our growing team! If you have a sales background and the ability to help us grow our business, this position may be what you are looking for!
The Quality Assurance Technician I is responsible for adhering, implementing, monitoring, verifying, validating, and writing procedures and processes that fall under the compliance umbrellas of SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety & Quality in all areas of USDA/FDA labeling, manufacturing, warehousing. This position if Monday-Friday with some weekends as needed.
- Maintain, organize and assist with updating all SQF and HACCP documentation. Documentation will be compliant with current regulations pertaining to SQF, USDA, HACCP, FDA, SSOP’s and GMP’s.
- Have the knowledge or ability to learn and understand SQF regulations (Safe Quality Food) per industry standards.
- Administer environmental swab test per sanitary standard operating procedures.
- Understand and practice hold and release policies and procedures in the event there is a question regarding suitability of an ingredient or finished product.
- Help maintain records and tasks to ensure compliance with all governing standards.
- Ensures daily pre-operational and operational inspections have been completed.
- Utilize various organoleptic, chemical, physical and visual techniques to evaluate raw materials and finished products.
- Assist with compliance of quality checks for quarterly, semi-annual and annual 3rd party audits.
- Ability to recognize and address nuance differences.
- Attention to detail is a key element of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledgeable in SQF, USDA/FDA regulations, GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOPs is preferred.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer