Quality Assurance Supervisor
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the Hot Stuff Pizza brand was born. The first licensed Hot Stuff location opened in Webster, SD, on December 17, 1986, and today there are more than 1,100 Hot Stuff Pizza franchises and licenses operating in the United States, with dozens of others in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Orion is currently searching for Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our growing team!
The QA Supervisor is responsible for adhering, implementing, monitoring, verifying, validating, and writing procedures and processes that fall under the compliance umbrellas of SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety & Quality in all areas of USDA/FDA labeling, manufacturing, warehousing.
- Must be knowledgeable in USDA, FDA, CFIA and SQF labeling requirements and regulations.
- Supervises and assists with programs to include environmental monitoring, recall administration, good manufacturing programs and sanitation standard operating procedures.
- Work with the varying QA technician positions to ensure SQF, USDA/FDS regulations, GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOP's are being implemented and followed.
- Maintain and upkeep supplier database. Manage the generation and updating of nutritional information and production specifications.
- Manage the timely testing and evaluation of testing data of incoming raw materials, co-packed goods and manufactured goods for quality parameters prior to use in the rooms or distribution.
- Ensures all Orion Food Systems personnel are trained on food safety and quality related items.
- Communicate out of specification incoming raw materials, co-packed goods and manufactured goods for quality parameters prior to use in the rooms or distribution.
- Ensures that all company standards and government regulations are met.
- Works with production teams on new product roll outs, including new supplier documentation, manufacturing statements and labeling procedures.
- Communicate and follow up with suppliers on product quality issues at incoming and manufacturing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in SQF, USDA/FDA regulations, GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOPs.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university along with four to six years related supervisory experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food Industry.
- Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAP preferred.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer