In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the Hot Stuff Pizza brand was born. The first licensed Hot Stuff location opened in Webster, SD, on December 17, 1986, and today there are more than 1,100 Hot Stuff Pizza franchises and licenses operating in the United States, with dozens of others in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Orion is currently searching for Safety Coordinator to join our growing team!
The Safety Coordinator must establish and promote the maintenance of a safe, accident free, healthy work environment. The Safety Coordinator is also responsible to ensure the company is in compliance with local, state and federal safety rules and regulations.
- Formulate general health and safety policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Maintain safety department files and records.
- Coordinate and facilitate the company safety committee and conduct regular meetings to communicate safety hazards and violations.
- Ensure new employees achieve safety instructions prior to beginning work. Emphasize any specific site hazards and thoroughly explain all applicable precautions.
- Conduct annual safety training for all employees required by law.
- Inspect and tour company properties to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommend corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Maintain the SDS and ensure the information is current.
- Conduct investigations of accidents and injuries and coordinate the preparation of material and evidence for reporting. Submit all documentation to Benefits Coordinator/Payroll Manager for processing.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs, which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
- Assist the team in implementing accident and loss prevention programs.
- Act as a liaison between the Safety Team committees and front-line employees.
- Prepare and administer a safety budget.
- Formulate environmental policies and procedures in accordance to the local, state, and federal laws as applicable.
- Establish annual workplace safety objectives and carryout those objectives.
- Train and develop management to incorporate safe practices into their departments.
- Identify loss producing conditions and practices and recommend the appropriate corrective action.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent understanding of safety rules and regulations set forth by local, state and federal laws. Must have strong leadership skills and ability to effectively enforce policies, procedures and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is a must. Ability to read and comprehend documents, simple instructions and product labels. Must be able to work and communicate with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in a safety or related technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of the OSHA Compliance Safety and Health course is preferred.
- Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAP preferred.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer