In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the HotStuff Pizza brand was born. The first licensed Hot Stuff location opened in Webster, SD, on December 17, 1986,and today there are more than 1,100 Hot Stuff Pizza franchises and licenses operating in the United States, with dozens of others in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Orion is currently searching for Warehouse Manager to join our growing team!
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and monitoring the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation.
- Oversee movement of all incoming and outgoing inventory related to finished goods and trade goods.
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy. Complete month end and year end procedures. Research discrepancies between inventory and SAP.
- Plan and manage budgets; monitors KPIs to verify objectives and budget numbers are being met.
- Develop and set procedures for all areas of the warehouse. Trains and set expectations for the team.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Oversee utilization of space and future requirements while focusing on reducing cold storage costs.
- Manage distributor shipments and communicates with all Orion personnel to ensure proper requested delivery dates are met.
- Confer with other Orion personnel to ensure coordination of distribution activities with activities of other functions to include production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Produce reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required.
- Maintain GMP, HACCP, SFQ and OSHA standards in the work environment. Inspect work areas and follow up on concerns or opportunities.
- Support, encourage and follow company policies and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, core values, and company philosophy.
- Knowledge of SAP, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order processing, and Inventory software, preferred.
- Previous warehouse management and inventory experience required.
- Ability motivate, train and coach employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Able to work as part of a team across all facets of Orion Food Systems.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five to seven years of experience in warehouse management.
- Warehouse and inventory experience and/or training is required.
- Forklift and pallet jack certification preferred. Must have a valid driver's license to operate yard truck.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer