Quality Assurance Manager
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the Hot Stuff Pizza brand was born. The first licensed Hot Stuff location opened in Webster, SD, on December 17, 1986, and today there are more than 1,100 Hot Stuff Pizza franchises and licenses operating in the United States, with dozens of others in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Orion is currently searching for Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team!
The QA Manager is responsible for implementing and following all food safety, quality assurance, labeling, and SQF policies and procedures along with management of staffing.
- Oversees internal activities related to food safety, product quality, microbiological performance criteria, finished products, SQF and HACCP systems, government regulatory compliance (including FDA, USDA and CFIA), inspection criteria, and customer complaint investigation and response.
- Supervises and assists with programs to include environmental monitoring, recall administration, good manufacturing programs and sanitation standard operating procedures.
- Routes, investigates trends and closes all customer complaint issues.
- Oversees product and retail labeling program.
- Ensures all Orion Food Systems personnel are trained on food safety and quality related items.
- Works as a liaison for plant audits and USDA inspections.
- Provide technical support for plant.
- Ensures that all company standards and government regulations are met.
- Performs monthly audits of manufacturing and warehouse locations at facility, along with allergen and HACCP.
- Assists with development, implementation and administration of new and existing QA policies.
- SQF Practioner – manage SQF system and have an understanding of SQF Code and requirements to maintain system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in SQF, USDA/FDA regulations, GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOPs.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university along with four to six years related supervisory experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food Industry.
- Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAP preferred.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer