At Orion Food Systems, we hold ourselves to the very strictest standards of quality while remaining firmly balanced on the edge of innovation, and we strive to ensure that our services benefit our clients. We are devoted to enriching people's lives with the highest quality products and boutique-level service.
Orion Foods is currently seeking 2 Ammonia Technicians to join our growing team! The two positions we are looking to fill are as follows: 2nd shift - 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm and 3rd shift - 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. This is a Monday - Friday position but may be weekend shifts when needed.
Our Ammonia Technician is responsible for assessing food processing equipment, building maintenance, refrigeration systems, and food safety processes. The technician must have exemplary response rates and service levels for Ammonia unit maintenance. Will make sure adherence to the Process Safety Management (PSM) program for our ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Manages and troubleshoots preventive maintenance of the refrigeration system and all components of the manufacturing and storage refrigeration systems in the plant.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Keep our PSM program up to date and execute the program under plant engineer guidance
- Adjusts or replaces worn or defective mechanisms and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
- Inspecting plant and machinery to ensure optimum performance, directing the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment.
- Ensure corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Assist with the development of risk mitigation and accident prevention programs to minimize or eliminate risk to employees and facility.
- Prepare and execute preventative maintenance for our ammonia unit
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair facility equipment as needed.
- Ability to work 1st or 3rd shift and possible weekends.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate situation and make decisions with little or no guidance.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Associates degree (A.A.) or a degree from a Vocational School in a maintenance technician program; minimum of three years experience of Ammonia refrigeration using general refrigeration competencies, included but not limited to ammonia systems design, installation, troubleshooting and repair; minimum of 5-7 years experience in Maintenance field in the food industry – USDA cheese/dairy industry experience strongly preferred.
- Current R.E.T.A. or refrigeration certification is required. Must be certified in the operation of a forklift/pallet jack.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer