Maintenance Technician III
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 thebrand was born. Orion Food Systems currently has franchises in 39 states, the District of Columbia and on U.S. military bases in seven foreign countries.
Orion Foods is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician III to join our growing team!
Our Maintenance Technician III is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives.
- Understanding of machine specific lockout/tagout procedures to confirm equipment can be serviced without the threat of unexpectedly starting back up.
- Certification in Hazmat policies and procedures.
- Must have strong electrical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical issues.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the operation of compressors, boilers, cooling systems and related equipment regarding ammonia and Freon systems.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Interpretation and understanding of blue prints and code. Ability to diagnose PLC's (Program Logic Controllers).
- Must have knowledge of the mechanical operation of all equipment.
- Ability to safely operate tools that would include drills, grinders and other power equipment. Proficient in the use of a welder and fabrication of parts.
- Provide leadership and direction to other maintenance technicians.
- Provide process improvement recommendations through automation.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair facility equipment as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate situation and make decisions with little or no guidance.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Associates or university degree; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in boiler system, coiling system and ammonia is preferred. Must be certified in the operation of a forklift/pallet Jack.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer