Quality Assurance Tech - 3rd Shift
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 thebrand was born. Orion Food Systems currently has franchises in 39 states, the District of Columbia and on U.S. military bases in seven foreign countries.
Orion is currently searching for Quality Assurance Technician to join our growing team!
Come Join Orion!
The Quality Assurance Technician I is responsible for adhering, implementing, monitoring, verifying, validating, and writing procedures and processes that fall under the compliance umbrellas of SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety & Quality in all areas of USDA/FDA labeling, manufacturing, warehousing.
- Maintain, organize and assist with updating all SQF and HACCP documentation. Documentation will be compliant with current regulations pertaining to SQF, USDA, HACCP, FDA, SSOP’s and GMP’s.
- Have the knowledge or ability to learn and understand SQF regulations (Safe Quality Food) per industry standards.
- Administer environmental swab test per sanitary standard operating procedures.
- Understand and practice hold and release policies and procedures in the event there is a question regarding suitability of an ingredient or finished product.
- Help maintain records and tasks to ensure compliance with all governing standards.
- Ensures daily pre-operational and operational inspections have been completed.
- Utilize various organoleptic, chemical, physical and visual techniques to evaluate raw materials and finished products.
- Assist with compliance of quality checks for quarterly, semi-annual and annual 3rd party audits.
- Ability to recognize and address nuance differences.
- Attention to detail is a key element of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledgeable in SQF, USDA/FDA regulations, GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP & SSOPs is preferred.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer