Sanitation Tech I
This position is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing production equipment. To effectively perform all duties in sanitation in an efficient and accurate manner, while following all company policies and procedures. All jobs will be performed safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Food Safety and Quality. In these positions, employees clean all equipment, machinery, offices, restrooms, break rooms and food processing areas in a manner consistent with documented operating procedures to ensure conformance to Company, State and Federal regulations.
- Prepare production equipment for cleaning by locking out machinery.
- Cleans and sanitizes the production and warehouse, production lines not limited to Cheese, Sauce, USDA and Bakery.
- Operate cleaning equipment including but not limited to: floor scrubber, portable tank foamers and sanitizers, vacuum system and CIP system.
- Rinse, foam, scrub, and sanitize production equipment ensuring that all areas meet standards of acceptability.
- Responsible for hand cleaning production equipment; this may require some disassembling and reassembling.
- Must work with maintenance to ensure the internal parts of equipment are cleaned.
- Responsible to ensure that all processing equipment is cleaned to specification of all food safety guidelines as to not pose a potential food safety risk.
- Maintain accurate sanitation documentation as needed and required as outlined by Food Safety and Quality Systems including the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Work with chemicals and follow chemical usage labels for application and PPE’s.
- Uses motorized pallet jack, to access or move equipment;
- Must be able to be cross trained and rotates positions to learn the complexities of cleaning each piece of machinery.
- Keep work area and equipment neat and clean and properly stored.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training.
- Acknowledge and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to follow a production schedule and prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Basic math skills necessary for recipe conversions and/or modifications
- May be required to work , nights, overnight, weekends, and some holidays.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure pastries are high quality and produced on time.
Education and/ Or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) year of age.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer