Material Handler - Warehouse
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the Hot Stuff Pizza brand was born. The first licensed Hot Stuff location opened in Webster, SD, on December 17, 1986, and today there are more than 1,100 Hot Stuff Pizza franchises and licenses operating in the United States, with dozens of others in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Orion is currently searching for Material Handler I to join our growing team!
The material handler is a member of a team that maintains warehouse stock that is received, inventoried and distributed as instructed.
- Must be able to pick customer orders from stock and place the items on a pallet.
- Have the ability to load the truck with product and understand the importance of verifying and checking the order.
- Must be able to complete the non-SAP paperwork.
- Ensure the reefer temps are within a standard range – periodically.
- Relocate inventory to the appropriate place prior to loading the trucks.
- Complete mandatory inspection of trailer prior to loading.
- Maintain clean and orderly work environment.
- Complete a safety inspection of equipment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to Stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch and use hands to grip regularly.
- Requires frequent exposure to extreme cold (below 0 F degrees) temperatures.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined.
Education and/ Or Experience
- High School diploma or GED diploma required.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school is a plus.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer