Production Tech I - 2nd Shift
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the Hot Stuff Pizza brand was born. Orion Food Systems currently has franchises in 39 states, the District of Columbia and on U.S. military bases in seven foreign countries.
Orion is currently searching for Production Tech I in Bakery to add to our growing team! Production times may vary from 2nd shift (2:45 pm to 11:00 pm).
Come Join Orion!
The Production Tech I will be in Bakery. Team approach to rotating duties on a fast-paced assembly line that includes the handling of raw materials and finished product. Performs a variety of operational functions by either operating a machine or by handling the product itself during the processing of raw materials into food products.
- Works on Production line, according to procedures. May switch positions every two (2) hours and may be required to work other positions within the Production facility.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person.
- Maintain and follow GMP, ServSafe, HACCP, SQF, OSHA and Orion standards in the work environment.
- Stack product on pallet.
- Ability to run the inserter.
- May start up and shut down operations for line.
- Set up and change over metal detection & box taper
- Machine Operator – simple/complex.
- Ability to utilize the box and bag maker.
- Ability to operate pallet stacker, stacking 25-pound cases onto a pallet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn, participate and become knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing practices, 6 Sigma and Root Cause Analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Education and/ Or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) year of age.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer