Maintenance Technician II
At Orion Food Systems, we hold ourselves to the very strictest standards of quality while remaining firmly balanced on the edge of innovation, and we strive to ensure that our services benefit our clients. We are devoted to enriching people's lives with the highest quality products and boutique-level service.
Orion Foods is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II to join our growing team!
Our Maintenance Technician II is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives.
- Understanding of machine specific lockout/tag out procedures to confirm equipment can be serviced without the threat of unexpectedly starting back up.
- Have a general knowledge of Hazmat policies and procedures.
- Must have strong electrical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical issues.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of compressors, boilers, cooling systems and related equipment regarding ammonia and Freon systems.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Must have knowledge of the mechanical operation of all equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Maintains parts and supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Ability to safely operate tools that would include drills, grinders and other power equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair facility equipment as needed.
- Ability to work 2nd shift and possible weekends.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate situation and make decisions with little or no guidance.
Education and/ Or Experience
- Associates or university degree; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in boiler system, coiling system and ammonia is preferred. Must be certified in the operation of a forklift/pallet Jack.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer